My Recent Scribbles

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ready. Set. Go!


Well, I am doing it! I have finally decided to jump into the world of blogging! Well, public blogging anyways. I’ve been a paranoid private blogger for a few years now. ;] But a public blog? Wow, well that has been something that I have wanted to do for a really.long.time. But with one thing or another, it never really felt… right. You know?

(Wow. Would you just look at all of that awesomeness? We have waaaay too much fun to keep it just to ourselves! ;P)

I guess I was waiting for the perfect moment, that hallelujah chorus that said, “Oh yah, Megan, now’s the time!”  Well…that hallelujah chorus has come. And it came in the form of my husband graduating college and accepting a job in another state. You see… by graduating college and accepting this job offer, we will (at last) have enough financial stability to no longer need two sources of income. Which means…
finally get to be a stay at home mom! Eeek!!!  I am very excited to finally devote my full attention to my home and my family. Triple exclamation excited!  For the last 4 years I have been very blessed to be able to work from home. But it will be such a relief to no longer feel  constantly split between the two. To no longer have to say “No, mommy has to work” when my 3 year old asks me to come play.
The point is, there was no way I could justify a blog when I was already so split in life, but now that I finally get to take my work hat off and put my mommy hat on, I will have some extra time during naps and evenings where I can share some of my family’s and my adventures. What I really want this blog to be… what I really hope it will be is a place where I can share my progression in becoming a better mommy and wife.
True confessions? I used to have a really hard time when it came to sitting down and playing with my kids. It was so easy for me, who no longer had the benefit of a 3 year old’s massive imagination, to become bored with playing dinosaurs after only a few minutes. As soon as I got bored I would make up some excuse, like “I need to go clean, buddy!”, and that would be the end of that.
I am still no expert and I definitely have moments where I revert back to those habits, but I am a recovering play-a-phobic and I am getting much better. I  don’t think I ever wanted to be the mom that didn’t play. It was just the mom that I ended up being when I didn’t plan ahead. So I began to think ahead. I began to plan. I made ourselves a daily schedule that included play time with mommy, play time without mommy, and times where I could get my cleaning done without sacraficing precious moments with my tots.
But I’ll share more of that (continuing) journey down the road! In the meantime, I look forward to building this blog, making new friends, and sharing some of my ideas of how to teach, create, and organize. Thanks for supporting me in this new adventure!
And oh yah! If you didn’t catch it above, my name is Megan. Nice to meet ya. =]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...